Therapy for Depression
Many of the people with whom I work initially came to therapy because they were struggling with intense feelings of sadness, guilt, disappointment and frustration. Many of these people had become isolated from others because they did not want to burden people with their feelings or because they felt deeply misunderstood by others when they did attempt to connect.
If you are having some of the following experiences, it's likely that meeting with a licensed therapist can help:
- Persistent sad, anxious or "empty" mood
- Sleeping too much or too little; middle-of-night or early-morning waking
- Reduced appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain
- Loss of pleasure and interest in activities once enjoyed, including sex
- Irritability, restlessness
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment (such as chronic pain or digestive disorders)
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering or making decisions
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless
- Thoughts of death or suicide
I am a therapist in San Francisco and I specialize in working with people who are struggling with these kinds of experiences. If several of the descriptors in the above list sound familiar, I encourage you to call (415) 261-2989 or email me to schedule an initial appointment in one of my San Francisco offices. You can also send me a text. I look forward to hearing from you.